I watched a TV Program on the person and art of Kit Williams.
Recognised his name from the famous book Masquerade in the late 70's but knew little else of his work.
I was beyond enthralled by the paintings, embarrassed in my mundane existence by his vision and realisation of art.
I tend to rant on in life as most of my time is spent painting over cracks and putting spilt things back in jars sometimes I forget there are people creating very real beauty every day.
He said it takes around 800 hours to do one of his paintings, 800 hours and I baulk at doing the same thing for two.
Beyond it all one thing struck home so well the smile has not quite faded, he said something like "I keep away from publicity, people and all that stuff, too noisy. I can't hear the small ideas I want to nurture"
That struck home like some philosophers riddle that in the working lays bare a truth too enormous to have been ever missed.
I just love that, the modern world seems only interested in raising the noise level pumping music or visual stimulation at us at every turn and few of us are aware of the many deaths of those small inspirations we are blessed with.
Middle aged bloke who uses this for the occasional rant, take no notice.

No comments:
Post a Comment