Saturday, 22 December 2007

The concept of enough.

That Asus Eee pc looks like it's flying off the shelves, how can that be!? it's got an old processor, 512m RAM, tiny screen and hasn't even got windows on it, what's that about??
Well I think it may be a new and exiting computing concept, "enough".

You'll need something pretty heavy duty these days to run Vista if only for office stuff or a bit of web browsing 2G+ Ram recommended by most reviewers.
And what life changing features can you expect for this serious hardware requirement er a fuzzy impression of the window beneath the active one and er.. oh...wait there was something,,,,
I can't be bothered to try and remember the other features, if it doesn't stick in the mind .....
Oh no wait the wow factor- 10million dollars to develop it or something....

In the radio ham circles there is something called QRP or low power working, basically people use engineering experience and cunning to make the best of limited power.
The Asus Eee is almost QRP computing it is limited but somebody has had the sense to see it is "enough" for many people's uses.
Now if I could just get a solar panel that would run a browsing pc I could get to that nirvana of being connected with the massive well of intelligence which is the net without the ignorance of high energy use.

No comments:

About Me